Re: [TowerTalk] Connector needed

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Connector needed
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2023 11:25:16 -0700
On 7/27/2023 11:12 AM, Joseph DeVincentis via TowerTalk wrote:
There is panel mount XLR.

Sure -- I worked in pro audio, so am quite familiar with XLR. They come in configurations from three to six contacts, plus the shell. The only quality mfrs are Switchcraft (US) and Neutrik (EU). The three-contact series is the standard for balanced mic and line level; other configurations are for specialty applications, and only made by Switchcraft. They are modular -- shells can accept inserts with different number of pins, easy to solder to and assemble, sufficiently robust mechanically for use with portable cables in demanding field applications.

I made the mistake of using them for SteppIR control wiring on the tower. Train wreck!

73, Jim K9YC