Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna wire source?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna wire source?
From: Kimo Chun <kimochun@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 10:53:06 -0400
We have had good luck with the Davis RF Polystealth line of antenna wire.
The black PE jacketed woven Copper-clad steel wire has survived well in
Hawaii. Several of us use it exclusively. We mostly use #13 for our 160m
elevated radial vertical but just started using #18 for our (better
supported) Beverage through the forest. We have used #22 for small
deployable dipoles as well.

True, if the jacket and cladding is compromised the steel will rust and
break. The jacket is pretty tough. We did have a sizable tree limb land on
an elevated radial and the #13 wire did survive but we do have a floating
center feed point so there was some "give" to the system.

I do notice that PE jacketed Flex-weave is also available  (and perhaps not
black), I don't know if or why there is a difference with the Polystealth
line. Wire gauge offerings and jacket color only? I didn't read it
thoroughly.

73,
Kimo KH7U

Message: