Re: [TowerTalk] IsoTruss towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] IsoTruss towers
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 14:15:11 -0400
There is a photo on their website showing a worker on the tower so I wonder
if something has changed in the last decade?  Having to raise and lower the
whole tower for antenna work or having to rent a lift is not practical for
most ham use.  In environments with heavy corrosion, like Aruba, this could
be an interesting option, if it was safe to work on.

John KK9A - P40A

Steve Maki K8LX wrote:

I have literature from them dated 2003. Their tower then was not
climbable, but advertised as being totally assembled on the ground and
either walked up or raised with a falling derrick at heights to 330'. I
think they were targeting the weather station market at the time. I
thought it could have served to hold up big wire arrays, but it was
fairly expensive.

-Steve K8LX