[TowerTalk] PL-259/ Amphenol

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] PL-259/ Amphenol
From: Arthur Bernstein via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 21:58:17 +0000 (UTC)
After reading the posts about  the PL259 and Amphenol, I have to let the group
know that apparently there are counterfeit Amphenol PL259 for sale. I have a
few that look good. Shiny "silver" plated with "teflon" center conductor
insulation. On  the collar reads the following: Amphenol 83-1SP-1050. Next line
under Amphenol is 74868 PL259 49190. For what I paid for them, not knowing I
was getting "Amphenol", I'm sure they're counterfeit. They also have elongated
holes to solder into for the outer braid. I'm using them with up to 500 watts
with no impedance bumps or problems up to 6 meters.
Art., N2KA

Arthur Bernstein
n2ka@verizon.net