Re: [TowerTalk] microHAM ARCO and the OR2800 Orion: Good combo?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] microHAM ARCO and the OR2800 Orion: Good combo?
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 20:57:01 -0500
N6TA stated he has a Green Heron RT-21, the MicorHam ARCO is a completely
different animal.  The customization, easy of input and graphics in the
standalone device are amazing.

John KK9A

JOHN OWENS N7TK wrote:

Al:

I have been using the ORION 2800 AC rotator for many years, and had to
replace the controller (M SQ) as it failed as it had often in the past. I am
currently using the Green Heron RT-21 Controller as it was recommended as my
solution, and I have been very pleased with it. Very simple to configure it.

I have no knowledge of the ARCO controller, but plan to stick with my Green
Heron Controller. For me, it has been the right choice. I am turning a
HyGain TH-11, a 5 el 6M beam,  and a Cushcraft 2 el 40M beam with it. Bought
it used about 5 years ago, and it has been doing a great job since then.
Found the used one on eHam.net. -  John Owens - N7TK