Re: [TowerTalk] What *is* the optimum open wire line impedance

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] What *is* the optimum open wire line impedance
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2024 13:07:18 -0800
On 1/1/2024 12:32 PM, Jim Lux wrote:
What would the best impedance be for open wire line, assuming you have
some sort of tuner at the feeding end, so you don’t care from a drive
standpoint.

While all of this is well and good and works fine for transmitting, this sort of antenna can't be effectively choked to kill RX noise. In today's world, that mean's we're probably deaf, unless we live ten miles from any neighbors and have worked to get rid of all of the dozens of noise sources in our own home.

What was a good idea 30 years ago, is not necessarily a good idea today.

73, Jim K9YC