Re: [TowerTalk] Stacking offset compensation

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Stacking offset compensation
From: HA3LN <list@ha3ln.hu>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2024 11:08:05 +0100
Hi All,

HNY to All!

Seems my provider went for holidays too, got the replies only yesterday night in bulk.
(hope my address is not bouncing ;-)

Thanks a lot for the explanations and hints to All.
As ON4UN always said every tenths of a dB counts so trying to minimize the offset effect in the system. It will be difficult to measure the upper coax on the mast but will find a way to the closest estimate of the feeder length.

In the 10m case the offset is ~2 feet so just at the border but better to fix this as well. Anyway, the stack usage will aim direction diversity as well as more gain into the US to utilize the next layer of stns for the WRTC qualification (and bigger fun).

John KK9A,
Actually great idea to pull back a bit the DE to line them up but due to the local wind "patterns" I'm not that brave to load the mast further. So will make the coax length play for equal electrical feed-lines.

I read in the archive that the excess feeder can be winded up without any negative impact.

Thanks a lot once again.

73!
Csaba  HA3LN / HG3N