Re: [TowerTalk] Hilton Tower Height

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hilton Tower Height
From: Steve Harrison <k0xp@k0xp.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 22:21:42 -0800
There was a similarly-tall tower on top of a building in Kansas City, MO; I believe my grandparents had something to do with management of the lower floors of the building back in the late '50s. Later, in the early '60s, they moved out to Belton, MO, some 20 - 22 miles from the KC tower. You could see the tower on the building easily day or night from their front porch. I believe it may have been affiliated with the radio or TV station(s) KCMO up until at least the '80s? I don't know whether the tower's still there, I forgot to look for it the last time I drove through Belton several years ago.

Steve, K0XP