[TowerTalk] Prop Pitch operating characteristics

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Prop Pitch operating characteristics
From: NPAlex <npalex@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 04:48:36 +0000 (UTC)
Hopefully there are some TowerTalk participants that are using PropPitch rotor
systems.  I am looking for some operating characteristics relating to supply
voltage, currents and rotation speed (time to do 360*).  I have been a prop
pitch user for many years and my 'go to' in the past on such questions would be
Kurt K7NV now SK or Joel K2QVB also a SK.
My prop pitch dates back to W0MLY Dick Mckercher, DXer of the 50's and 60' and
creator of Antenna Mart products.
That is the background - Specifically I am look for the DC voltage at the
'controller' and the voltage underload at the PP motor.  What is the 'start-up'
surge current and the steady state 'run' current.
Those using Kurt's Green Heron controller, results may be different as it
supplies is PWM ramp up and down, but the 'run' levels will be "DC" and useful
data.
Finally is there anyone who has the working knowledge of Prop Pitch assemblies,
or maybe have access to the information that Kurt accumulated the could be made
available us PropPitch users?
Looking for some help --
Norm W4QN