[WriteLog] ADIF Question

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] ADIF Question
From: JoeD@Voyager.net (Joe Dubeck)
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 08:38:14 -0600
Butch et al-

I don't know if there is an automatic way to do this but I can understand
why the contest loggers don't record states if states aren't part of the
contest exchange.  I opened my SS ADIF file in MS-Excel and added a column
<state:2>AA where AA is the state.  I'm not sure I can recall the formula;
it was something like +"<state:2>"&## where ## is the cell number
containing the Section.  Copying that formula down the whole column picked
up all of the sections that are states and then I manually went back and
changed those that were different like changing <STATE:2>EPA to <STATE:2>PA
etc.  (I wish someone could teach me how to write a macro to do this.)

You might need to add countries too for the USA, Canada and Caribbean
contacts.  For those, refer to the ADIF standard countries which are
numbers (I think Canada is #1 so the filed will be <Country:1>1.  The whole
ADIF standard is somewhere on the LOGic website www.hosenose.com.

While I was modifying the ADIF file, I also added other fields (columns)
that I wanted in my logging program (LOGic) such as columns <RST_SENT:2>59
<QSL_RECVD:2>I etc.

When done, convert all formulas to values and then save the whole
spreadsheet as an ASCII TXT file and import it into your logging program.

-Joe, NA9A