[WriteLog] W5XD continued

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] W5XD continued
From: dougie@integritynet.com.au (David Douglass)
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 02:00:31 -0000
Wayne,

Thanks for the info. I may of mislead you in the origonal mail. Originally
when I first connect I set keyer Type in the WriteLog port menu to W5XD
keyer instead of W5XD multi +. When I switched to the multi + it was then I
started getting the WPM Timeout message. I could change speed with the W5XD
keyer setting.

I constructed a jumper cable for RTS to CTS and DSR to DTR (pin 4 to pin 6
and pin 7 to pin 8), as suggested in an old mail by you and I'm still
getting the Timeout WPM. I assume this means theres an issue with my set up
or com port.

The only port I have available is com 2, which is a 25pin port and I have a
25to9 pin reducer and then a 9 pin cable to the keyer. Could the issue be
here?

Many thanks also to Don Winn and Ric Plummer for info - its much appreciated

David, VK2DPD