[WriteLog] Wish list??

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Wish list??
From: jim@n7us.net (Jim McDonald)
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 19:39:39 -0700
For those who split the audio from one radio to two TNCs (or a hardware box
and a sound card), how about the ability to identify one of the RTTY windows
as receive only?  Sometimes my HAL P38, which I use as a second receive
decoder, copied better than MMTTY, and I accidentally clicked on the P38
window.  That, of course, put the call or whatever in the window of the
"second radio" QSO entry box, which is really just the second RTTY decoder.
That assigned it a QSO number but I couldn't transmit the exchange, so I did
a CTL-Backspace to erase it and manually typed in it in the real QSO entry
box.

Maybe the root cause is that those of us with one radio and two TNCs have an
option to not show a second, non-existent radio.  The program is nice that
it allows dual decoding, but the program isn't optimized for it.  What would
be nice would be the display's having just one QSO window.

Or maybe I have it set up wrong.

Jim N7US