"Pirate" QRM

Chad Kurszewski WE9V kurscj at oampc12.csg.mot.com
Mon Apr 1 09:30:12 EST 1996

Well, before anyone starts mentioning (bad-mouthing) calls in their
WPX write up, pay heed:

I was QRM'd Sunday on 20M by a person with a DVP who would go around
and record other contester's CQs and replay them on my frequency.

At first I was fooled.  He recorded a CQ by a W8 M/S and played it
on my freq.  I told the W8 to go away and said that I know that he
has GOT to hear me.  This person then recorded MY CQ and played it
back.  That's when I caught on.

This person then recorded NE9U's CQ and played that to me.
(So Randy, NE9U could have been an imposter.)

SO....if people were CQ'ing on your frequency without asking, AND
you had no dialog, no "active conversation" with that person,
chances are you were duped by someone with a DVP.

WE9V M/S @ KS9K

---
Chad Kurszewski, WE9V              e-mail:  Chad_Kurszewski at csg.mot.com
The Official "Sultans of Shwing" Web Site:  http://www.4w.com/ham/sos