KQ4HC SSB NAQP Score

Jeffrey Yeager jnyeager at southern.edu
Sun Aug 18 20:56:02 EDT 1996

Band   QSO   Mult
----------------------------
  160   29   16      inv-L
   75   62   24      dipole
   40   85   36      Carollina beam  (still need to find the magic 40m wire)
   20  181   45      \
   15   80   27        TH-6 @ 55, Carolina beam/2 (gud 15m ant)
   10  131   28      /
--------------------------------
       568   176      99,968

Team: Tenn. Contest Group

 Rigs icom 761, 737

This was my second serious attemp at the NAQP
Set the shack up Fri after work to try the 2 radio thing again.  The 737
had been in the shop most of the summer so hadnt been able praciticed the 2
radio thing.  Ended up using the 2nd radio for quick QSYing.  Kept missing weak
callers on the run rig while listing on rig 2.  Gave up on the 2nd radio
when I went to the low bands.  Probably would have been better off not
messing with it at all but gotta learn some time.

  Judging by breakdowns given on 3830 after the test and on the reflector
I should have tried running 20 sooner (more) instead of milking 15 forever.
Also missed the local 40M mults playin around else where.  Guess good
stratagy and disipline comes with more experience, hard to leave a open
high band.

73 Jeff KQ4HC
jnyeager at southern.edu