Wo4o Claimed SO/LP Score

Ric Painter Ric.Painter at 12.collage.isdn.net
Sun Dec 8 17:00:21 EST 1996

CLAIMED SO/LP SCORE - Wo4o ARRL 160 METER CONTEST -- 1996

Call: Wo4o (ex-WA6KUI)         QTH:  Tennessee/United States
Mode: CW                       Category: Single Operator
On:   24 Hours                           LOW Power (50-70w)

          QSO   QSO PTS  PTS/QSO    SECTIONS  COUNTRIES

Totals    697    1421     2.04         69          8    =   109,417

Equipment Description: Kenwood TS-450S/AT barefoot (50-70w depending on
the frequency) into Inv L.

Soapbox:  "Gentleman's Band" my foot!  Never before have I had so many
"gentlemen" QRM me out of a frequency.  You Big Guns play for keeps!
With LP one has to learn to deal with it.  Will give the benefit of the
doubt and hope they just didn't hear me.  Needless to say I moved often.
The test has just ended and I'm tired and cranky, so deal with that. :-)
Heard many more EU than I worked.  Didn't listen for JA.  Heard 4
sections I failed to work (ID, MB, PR & PAC).  Didn't hear the other 5
(ME, ORG, MT,  BC & YU).  Nice to have an 80+Q hr early in this my 2nd
ARRL 160m Contest.

Would appreciate receiving (direct) Station Desriptions and Breakdowns
from those using LP and breaking 100k points.  TU

73 Ric.painter at 12.collage.isdn.net

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com