WB0O 10M SCORE

Bill Straw 0007359114 at mcimail.com
Sun Dec 15 21:21:00 EST 1996

WB0O SO/HP/NO PACKET

      Q    M
CW   79   35
SSB  39   19
    --------
    118   54  =  21384

RIG: TEN TEC OMNI VI
AMP: ALPHA 89 (just one)
ANT: TH7 @ 50' (QTH is on top of a 400' hill)

COMMENTS:

  Don't laugh, this is actually a real contest effort. I
have to work out of town two weekends a month, which
means I have to pick between the 160M or 10M test. The
160M test is usually very frustrating from this radio-
awful QTH, and 10M has no QRN, so I usually go with the
10M test.

  I was actually in front of the radio 1000-1400 local
both days, doing a lot of tuning and filling out some SS
QSL's. I worked everything I heard.

  All the stateside Q's were scatter, didn't matter where
the beam was pointed. Strongest all weekend was N0NI at S1.
Hats off to the weakest sigs worked, K8CC and K4AAA, at
10 db below mental telepathy. K4AAA ( don't know if it was
Bill or not) even asked me to go to SSB! Unfortunately, he
picked a birdie freq for the OMNI. With S2 QRM, no chance!

  I'm sure glad I don't have a vanity call. Many CQing
stations came back to me WB0? (pause) WB0O 599 XX. I think
call recognition counts for a lot of Q's. HH5SH would have
had a scatter weekend.

CU in the Internet Sprint next weekend.

73 BILL WB0O

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com