G0AEV in ARRL 10

steve.reed at me.rtz.co.uk steve.reed at me.rtz.co.uk
Mon Dec 16 12:57:56 EST 1996

    =20
     G0AEV ARRL 10 claimed score (Mixed Mode/High Power)
    =20
     Mode       QSOs    DXCC    State/Province
     SSB        121     31      1
     CW         94      24      1
     TOTAL      215     55      2
    =20
     Claimed score: 35112
    =20
     Station: FT1000, FL2277Z, 400w, 5ele monobander at 15m + vertical
    =20
     Another great test for 10m/propagation freaks (me) with patchy=20
     openings to all over.  Pity activity levels in Europe/UK were rather=20
     low.
    =20
     Some meteor/E scatter within Eu for much of the test - I4YSS audible=20
     here much of both days.  Superb MS on Friday night just came too=20
     early.  Only short sporadic E openings - perhaps the best was to the=20
     north midday on Sunday (GM/OY from S England) which translated into a=20
     20 minute multi-hop Es opening to VE1 at 1300z - signals peaked S9 but=
=20
     only 3 stations worked despite shouting myself hoarse! No sign here of=
=20
     15.00 opening F/GJ to W1. F2 to S. America on Saturday, Africa on=20
     Sunday.  Best dx: 4L5, FR5, 3B8, other Africans, YV5, CG1.
    =20
     73, Steve Reed, G0AEV
     steve.reed at me.rtz.co.uk

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com