K6GV SprINT

Woods, Eric D edwoods edwoods at pbsac01.isp.PacBell.COM
Tue Dec 24 14:19:00 EST 1996

It wasn't me who cq'd at 0101 - it was my multi-op partner Dave, NB6G.  Yep,
multi-op in SprINT again.  You guessed it - it was another River City
Contester get together.  I had ignored the time posting in Tree's
announcement and wondered why things were quiet at 0000Z.  Dave found out
about the SprINT at about 0030Z and there I was again with a partner.

Oh yeah - we were at Randy, AA6WJ's.  Super party.  Guests were K5TT, Jim;
W6REC, Duane; HA5MM, and another HA whose name I forget.

When Dave cq'd at 0101Z, the HA's were in the shack.  I mumbled to them that
Dave was a fb operator with US Navy training.  HA5MM's friend said, "no big
deal, Emma's a Sargent Major in Hungarian Army"

Funny at the time.

Dave and I decided we had time for some more California Red before 0200Z (as
pointed out to us by Steve)

88 q's in 90 minutes.  RCC official meeting at 0330 Z took precedence.

If you're not present at one of these, they make you an officer.  Jim, N6IG
was not there and in now Pres.

I'm sending this from the office on the way home from the mall - yuchhhhhh.

Merry Xmas all - a fabulous year for contesting - even with no spots (woof)

Eric, K6GV
edwoods at pacbell.com

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com