WA7BNM, LP, Sprint

Bruce Horn bhorn at netcom.com
Sun Feb 4 20:49:59 EST 1996

NCJ North American Sprint - SSB

Call: WA7BNM
Exchange: Bruce  CA
Team: S.Calif Contest Club
Low Power

Band   Q    Time
--------------------
 75   45     1:14
 40   76     1:37
 20   73     1:09
--------------------
     194  x  40  =  7,760

Comments:
  First full time effort in a Sprint. Got the exchange right most of
  the time. Did OK on 20-meters, marginal on 40m, but low power sucked
  on 75-meters. After getting a frequency on 75m, about 50% of the time
  I'd end up moving before getting a reply.

  Still learning Sprint techniques. At this point I'm not sure which
  observed techniques are good strategy and within the rules -- and which
  techniques are a violation.

  My one unusual "equipment" problem was that 2 of the 3 QSOs I had with
  K7SS resulted in crashing NA when I entered Danny's callsign!?  Just a
  coincidence, or .... ?  :-)

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn at netcom.com)