No subject

RFPWR at aol.com RFPWR at aol.com
Sun Feb 18 22:25:27 EST 1996

0 M Single Band/High Power Score N8RR (Louisiana)

Operating time: 12 Hours actual  (CT said 7.2)

QSO's 191
Countries: 59
Score: 33,807

Rig: FT 1000D/Ameritron AL1500/ 1/4 wave vertical with no radials.

My antenna radials are still all rolled up pending completion of dozer
work/landscaping in my field. Just an 8' ground rod for a grounding system.
Only worked 2 hours the first night, due to a fever.  Europeans were S8 45
minutes before my sunset on the second night. At European sunrise on Sunday
had a small Eu run..30 or so stations.. first ever for me on 80 in a contest.
Had a JA call me (JA7SN) at 0651 in the middle of this run. The rest of the
time it was all S&P. Had good luck in the pileups. Need radials and
beverages.
Consistent big signal in LA on 80 from EU: 9A1A. Only station I called who
couldn't hear me was VK2VM for a missed mult.

73, Chas N8RR