AC1O Responds To N0AX's Low Blow

Walter Deemer ac1o at gate.net
Mon Feb 19 18:54:05 EST 1996

At 08:42 AM 2/19/96 -0800, H. Ward Silver wrote:

>High points - getting through that Sunday Pileup (tm) on S92SS with my
>peanut whistle, several new ones on 160, happening on 5N3/SP5XAR up in the
>weeds just before AC1O posted him to the East Coast GigaCluster, being
>KH6CC's first 6-band QSO.

Wardster, Wardster; 'twasn't I who posted 5N3/SP5XAR to the East Coast
GigaCluster.  Not only do I not use packet -- I am probably the only
licensed amateur in Repeaterville (tm) that does not have a two meter rig.

Seriously -- The fun, to me, in DX contests is the thrill of the hunt; who
can I find Up In The Weeds (tm) (great phrase!), who can I find if I turn
the beam in just a little different direction than everyone else, and who
can I find on some unlisted opening to some part of the globe.  And, having
found them, I ain't gonna give my prize away to the mob CQing below .025.
Different strokes for different folks...

So, Wardster, either some packet-spotter pirated my call or all that rain in
Seattle has caused your packet interface to rust.  (As the T-shirt that one
of my friends out there gave me says, "People in Seattle don't tan -- they
rust." )

I'm glad, though, Wardster, that you had packet to keep you from getting
bored this weekend.  As for me, sans packet; I read War and Peace and the
Sunday NY Times.  (Had time to complete the crossword puzzle, too.)

73 from Repeaterville (tm), Walt, AC1O/4