NN7L ARRL DX CW SCORE

Andrew O. Isar hcgi at nwlink.com
Mon Feb 19 18:04:00 EST 1996

CLASS:		Single Op All Band Unassisted

BAND		QSOs		MULTs		ANTs

160		0		0		Inv V 115'=09
80		73		19		2 x Loops @ 110'
40		267		51		2L @ 130'=20
20		618		70		5L @ 125'  KT34XA @100'
15		42		22		6/6 @ 125'/65'  "
10		0		0		6L @ 70'   "

Total Operating Time: 22 Hours

Station:
FT1000D Alpha 76PA/77

This was a half hearted effort at best, falling between two heavy work =
weeks. =20

Observations:

The northwest is not condusive to good contest scores, particularly at =
the bottom of the cycle, as others will attest.  It was a major effort =
to run EU on 20.  EU on 40 was sporatic save for the big euro guns.

Highlights: HS0ZAA/P29PL calling, Meeting my 1K Q goal.

Low Points:  Getting "nudged" out of a clear eu run fq by a K1 who =
figured I had little recourse.  Missing the 10 m opening.  Not having =
the time to do the entire contest.

Above all, it was fun somehow despite the drudgery of 80% S/P...not sure =
bigger antennas will make that much of a significant effect at this =
timeof the cycle.