AB4RU CQ160 SSB M/O score

Ron Hooper, AB4RU AB4RU at sunbelt.net
Sun Feb 25 19:11:31 EST 1996

Operators were AB4RU AA4GA and N9HZQ.

Qso's 1483
Country's 34
Sections 56
Score = 315,450

Equipment: FT1000, FT990, Commander HF2500 amp
Antenna: 1/4 wave verticle Insulated tower, elevated 20 ft. 18 quarter wave
radials also elevated 20 ft.
                  6 beverages all terminated from 500 to 1000 ft long.

Comments:

First night was noisey from the front passing through. Least we didnt have
our usual thunder storm to deal with, as with the January 160 cw contest.
Our score was severally hurt by the absence of European callers, answering
our cq's. We probably only worked about 20 Europeans over the entire
weekend. I noticed good signals being reported into Flordia and Mid west
states from Europe. I got a feeling it must have been one of those weekends
when the signals had a lot of high angle and bending.
73's Ron
RON HOOPER
LULA GEORGIA 30554
ab4ru at stc.net