NAQP ssb score

Steve Lufcy km0l at tyrell.net
Sun Jan 21 11:20:53 EST 1996

Call: KM0L
Catagory: SO
QTH: Mo (Kansas City)
Name: Steve

band   Q's    mult
-------------------
160    19      15
 80    52      29
 40    75      31
 20    82      26
 15    18       5
 10     0       0
-------------------
total 246  x  106  =>  26,076

equipment: FT101ZD w/MFJ DSP
           T4XC/R4C
antenna's: A4 at 65', 40m dipole at 65'(rotatable), 80m Inv V,
           160m Inv L

Operated approx 8 half-hearted hours. Isn't there some kinda law
against ssb on the ham bands? I felt like I was breaking the law
in this contest.
Got tired of listening to broadcast carriers on 40 even tho I could null
them out with DSP- I still couldn't hear anything else. So I went to 80m
and couldn't understand why every Q was such a struggle. Went outside and
found the inv V laying in the snow on the ground. Pulled it up and tied it
off to fence and made about 3 Q's before it fell again. Switched over to HF6V
vert and continued to struggle. A ground mounted vertical on 75m is sadistic.
The guys in Texas couldn't copy me regardless of how loud I screamed.
I'll have new 80m antenna up before next contest.
I should have given in to the flu bug and gone to bed.
CU all in next one.
73 de KM0L