KM9P CQWW 160 Low Power

Bill Fisher, KM9P km9p at akorn.net
Sun Jan 28 10:32:53 EST 1996

750 QSO's X 87 Mults.  = 179,742         1.5 nights

All states but Nevada.  Missed VE5.

SA:  P4, PJ, PY0F, YV  (Chased PY2DP for 1/2 hour)
EU:  9A, CT, DL, EI, F, G, HA, HB, I, LY, OK, OM, ON, OZ, PA, S5, SP, YU

My K5ZD Special worked great (1/4 wave sloping elevated vertical).
Surprised how many pileups I went through with only 150w.   Fairly
directional too.  Seems to favor NE (slopes to NE) and down some to SE.
Hard to tell about west... No pileups that direction.

QRTed at 1:00AM first night due to lightening.  Decided to take quick nap
which turned into long night's sleep.  Did antenna work on Saturday.

New beverages (NE & NW) were only thing saving my score.  800' and sloping
down and on the side of steep hills.

Someone needs to teach the EA's about beverages.

Station:

TenTec Omni-6
Sloping elevated vertical from 100'.  Fed about 15' high with 4 quarter wave
radials.
2 beverages (NE / NW) about 800' long.
Honda 5KW generator.