K0EJ CQ160 CW

SPECK at uansv3.Vanderbilt.Edu SPECK at uansv3.Vanderbilt.Edu
Tue Jan 30 17:24:26 EST 1996

             K0EJ - nr Nashville, TN

637 Qs = 1714 Pts x (25 C + 52 States/Provinces) = 131,978
Total Operating Time: 12-1/2 hrs

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Equipment: TS930->LK500Z (600W)-> Inverted L 65' high
W/VE Missed: ND/NE, NS/VO1/VO2/VY1/VE8/VE4

DX Worked: 6Y, 8P, CT, DL, EI, FM, G, GW, HB, JA, KG4, KH6, KL7, KP4, OM, ON
           P4, PA, PJ9, S5, SP, TI, UA2, VP9, XE

Couldn't go full-time. QRN was bad Friday. Quit at 11PM after only operating 6
hours.  I hate feeling like an alligator (all mouth/no ears) as I could hear
stations calling but just couldn't pull them out. Got up Saturday AM, no QRN
but no JAs.  Got back on Saturday nite at 11PM and never worked so many EU on
160 (had my first ever EU pileup!!) Played until 2:30 and then back on at abt
5 AM. Checked for JAs at abt 6:30 and they were LOUD - worked 3 but had to
quit. Very FUN contest!! Highlites (beside short EU run and 3 JAs was KL7Y to
complete 160M WAS. Also noticed definite sunset effect both nites on 3 EUs
(ON, SP, and DL) Friday nite, even thru QRN and several others Sat.

					73,  Mark K0EJ