IARU HF Contest

AA8AV at Concentric.net AA8AV at Concentric.net
Mon Jul 15 22:34:50 EDT 1996

Following is my Score in this years contest

Category:  Single Operator/Unassisted  All Band  CW Only  - No SSB
           Low Power 100 watts (Had to get that in there)
           IARU needs to recognize Low Power

Break Down:

Band	CW QSO's	Mults
160	 11		 4
 80	 33		 5
 40	378		29
 20	595		43
 15	102		19
 10	 94		15
__________________________
Total  1213            115 =  407,445

Comments:

Worked the full 24 hours - very hard.  Concentrated on keeping the rate
up.  The WRTC group defintely helped - very good activity.  Opening to
EU on 20 was not very good.  Nothing like last year.  Signals were weak
at first and they couldn't hear me - did a lot of P/S - was able
to run EU much later.  Kudo's for the WRTC gang - they did a splendid
job of increasing the activity on the bands, expecially when the band
conditions were down from last year.  I was able to make 138 contacts
plus another 4 from AH3C and AH3D.  I was surprised to see 10 and 15
open up.  Actually closed out the contest working on 10 meters. All and
all - I had a blast as usual.  Until the next - 73's.

							AA8AV - Ken