N4BP, IARU SOHP CW

Bob Patten n4bp at shadow.net
Tue Jul 16 03:29:39 EDT 1996

Call used: N4BP					Location: 08
Category: Single Op All Band	Mode: CW	Power: 1500
Callsign of Operator: N4BP

Exchanged Information: N4BP 5998
Hours of Operation: 23:45

band	QSOs	pts  	mults
====	====	===	=====
160	   3	  9	    2
 80	  60	116	    5
 40	 280	686	   24
 20	 708   2162	   42
 15	 284	604	   17
 10	  71	145	    6
====	====	===	=====
TOTAL	1406   3722	   96		SCORE: 357,312

This was the first contest effort with my new FT-1000MP.  The rig worked
great, my strategy stunk.  I totally missed the European openings on 15 &
10 and generally treated this as a SS with much too low QSO : pts ratio.
I did, however, almost double last years score, so I do consider the
effort a success although not competitive with other ops.
160 and 80 were a washout, these bands are almost useless from South
Florida in the summertime (lightning capitol of the country).  Had
several power outages on Saturday due to lightning strikes, but these
were brief..  Worked about 45 of the WRTC guys, that was fun, great ops!

Station:  FT-1000MP, AL-1500, NA software
	  TH7-DXX @ 45 feet
	  40/80 trapped inverted vee @ 35 feet
	  160 dipole at 40 feet

Bob Patten, N4BP