IARU results PI4AA headquarters VERON

Rob Snieder PA3ERC norf at euronet.nl
Wed Jul 17 20:52:40 EDT 1996

IARU HF Championship -- 1996

      Call: PI4AA                    Country:  Netherlands
                                     Category: Multi Multi
                                     Headquarter: VERON

     BAND      QSO   QSO-PTS   PTS/Q    ZONES  HQ STNS

      160      180      520     2.89      9     14
       80      381     1129     2.96     13     14
       40      870     2930     3.37     26     18
       20     1602     6228     3.89     42     18
       15      913     3431     3.76     28     17
       10      369     1239     3.36     16     15

     Totals   4315    15477     3.59    134     96

                 Score: 3,559,710 points

This year is the first time that some VERON members of the
Contestgroup Oude Maas PI4COM signed PI4AA the VERON joker station.
It worked out to be an amazing contest, excellent propragations on
20 around the clock, several US/VE station are worked on 10 meter
even at 0700Z long path! We had severe problems on 80 meters to the
USA, we heared several US station working Europe (S9) but they
didn't hear us, only WT2Q managed to pick us out. On 160 meters we
worked W2SC, W0ZV, K2UO, W1AW/3 and VE1ZZ. The report VERON was
to long, this slowed down the rate. Maby next year the abbreviation
will be recognized if we get the permission to use PI4AA again. We
might even try to get a fancy call. We heared lotts of activity from
Eastern European countries, it sounded again like the old days.
We heared/worked several WRTC stations all with average signals.
It was hard to break through while they were working local US stations.
All QSL can be send via PA0DER (PA buro)

Operators PI4AA:
PA3BBP,PA3DZN,PA3EOB,PA3ERC,PA3EWP,PA3FQA,PA3FRN,PA3GBQ,PA3GXF,PB0AIC

10 meter:
FT990 @ 400 watts
3 elem monobander @ 12 meter, vertical @ 12 meter

15 meter:
TS850 @ 400 watts
6 elem monobander @ 24 meter

20 meter:
FT990 @ 400 watts
4 elem monobander @ 24 meter, vertical @ 6 meter

40 meter:
TS940 @ 400 watts
2 elem monobander @ 28 meter

80 meter:
FT990 @ 400 watts
1/4 wave vertical, wire dipole @ 20 meters, 3 beverages JA/VK/USA

160 meter:
see 10 meter station
1/4 wave vertical, 3 beverages JA/VK/USA

Logging:
CT9

Rob Snieder PA3ERC

member of Contestgroup Oude Maas PI4COM/PA6WPX

Homepage PI4COM : http://www.euronet.nl/users/norf/pi4com.html
                  Now with lots of picture of the station !

WF1B FRIEND.INI : http://ids.net/~wf1b/updates.html

Internet e-mail : norf at euronet.nl
Packet Radio    : PA3ERC at PI8MBQ
PacketCluster   : PA3ERC > PI8DXC