WB0OLA LP Unassisted AB - TS

Jim Walter 76353.1416 at compuserve.com
Wed May 29 01:42:11 EDT 1996

                  CQ WORLD WIDE PREFIX CONTEST -- 1996

      Call: WB0OLA                   Country:  United States
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Operator Low Power-TS
                                               Unassisted

      BAND     QSO   QSO PTS  PTS/Q PREFIXES

      160        0        0   0.0        0
       80        2        0   0.0        2
       40       79      270   3.4       59
       20      242      415   1.7      190
       15       37       31   0.8       25
       10       10        2   0.2        9
     --------------------------------------

     Totals    370      718   1.9      285  =   204,630

Equipment Description:  TS-440, 100 Watts; R-5 Vertical, Carolina Windom;
                        CT 9.26

Club Affiliation: Society of Midwest Contesters

                             Signature __________JAW_______________________

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               James A. Walter  WB0OLA
               1515 Lawndale
               Elkhart, IN 46514
               76353.1416 at compuserve.com

Soapbox:  The good news is that this is an improvement over last years score of
          75,500.  The bad news is that it was a 29 hour effort, only 13 qso's
          an hour.  I had hoped to do better on 80 and 40 but the noise killed
          me.  Any suggestions on how to deal with run of the mill atmospheric
          noise on a limited budget and 150 X 50 lot?  Dsp, Antenna Noise Canceler,
          EWE Antenna?