K5VT CQWW SSB Score

AA7NO at aol.com AA7NO at aol.com
Sat Nov 2 21:47:37 EST 1996

CQWW SSB    1996   K5VT  Multi-Single   Arizona

                QSO's     Zones     Countries

160              20           6              8
 80               56         16            24
 40             195         29            56
 20             356         32          100
 15             347         24            72
 10              69          12            21

Total        1043        119          281

Score (gross)      1,090,800

Operators:    WA7LNW, N7PNK, AA7WP, WY7K, AA7NO, K5VT

Equipment:   FT-1000MP, Alpha 76
                    FT-990, Ameritron 80A
                    Force 12  C-3 at 90'
                    Cushcraft 40-2CD  at 90'  (armstrong method)
                    Dipoles for 80m and 160m at 70'

Story:  we had a great group of operators, bringing on some folks new to
contesting
           and they did very well... N7PNK brought his father ( also a ham)
to the site
           and Fred Sr. listened on a spare set of headphones for about an
hour.  He
           went back home and is gearing up is his station, including
computer logging,
           for contesting... another contesting convert!!!!!!

           since the weather was a little cooler this weekend as opposed to
the RTTY
           test weekend... the rattlesnakes gave us no problems this time
when we to
           pull on the rope to turn the 40m beam.. we call it 'highstepping
in the desert'

           our highlight contact of the weekend was the pileup on 3V8BB
(remember,
           are on the west coast now).  Millie, WY7K, sat down, gave one call
and the
           3V came right back... that soft Arkansas accent of her's REALLY
works!!
           Next time we will have her record the DV machine...

           Thanks to K5VT for the use of his 'summer cottage'..

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com