KI4HN - SS CW - Low Power

Jim Stevens ki4hn at nando.net
Sun Nov 3 20:55:12 EST 1996

I operated at KB9MS's station using his FT1000MP.
Nice set-up and a great radio.  Antennas are
Pro-67 at 80 feet, 40M V at 70 feet and 80M V
at 50 feet and a NE beverage.  Thanks Bob!

   Class: Single Op - Low Power (A)
   Team/Club : Potomac Valley Radio Club

   80CW      314         314        628      16
   40CW      174         174        348      14
   20CW      202         202        404      43
   15CW       60          60        120       2

 Totals      750         750       1500      75

 Final Score = 112500 points.

Missed VE8/VY1, PAC, and WY.  I worked W1WEF/KH6
before the contest, but I could never find Jack
in the test.  Never heard N7NG in WY, but I
heard he had a hell of a pile-up.  KB9MS
told me afterwards that VY1JA was spotted on
Saturday, but I never found Jay.

40M stunk, partially due to KB9MS's weak V.
What can say about 80M?  I dubbed it The
Energizer Bunny Band (it kept going and going).
20M & 15M were good at times.

My best CW SS ever.  Still not up with the big
boys, but I'm pleased.  Maybe I'm just beginning
to get the hang of this digital mode.

See ya from AA4NC in SS SSB.  Hopefully with
a fully repaired antenna farm.

73, Jim, KI4HN
email -- ki4hn at nando.net
WWW   -- http://www.webbuild.com/~ki4hn  -> vanity call info