KT4LD CWSS SCORE

Andrew H Lewis kt4ld at juno.com
Sun Nov 3 22:03:51 EST 1996

Seepstakes CW score

Callsign Used:KT4LD/QRP         Operator:Andrew Hirons Lewis (16 years
old) KT4LD
Exchange: Q KT4LD 94 NC         Category: SO unassissted

Address:
Andrew Lewis
7612 Justin Place
Chapel Hill NC 27514-9708
USA

Club Affilliation:PVRC

Band      Qso's     Points      Mults
80cw      78           156           28
40cw      134         268           37
20cw      541         1082         40
15cw      191          382           39
10cw      23             46             9
Totals=  967          1934         153

Final Score=296,869

Soapbox Comments:
It was a lot of fun. The bands were excellent to the west coast and
caught a good opening to the North East on 10 meters. I was trying out a
new dipole in my attic in fact all my antennas are in the attic. Was
planning to do mostly S&P but once I called CQ stations were all over me
on 20 meters because of my QRP. I didn't fare well in the pileups though
because the power stations beat me. I was running a TEN-TEC Argonaut 509
at 5 watts with straight key. My iambic keyer connector broke as well as
my memory keyer which wore out my fists! Hi Hi! Thanks to all the
stations that took the time to work my SLOW QRP station. I would have
better if I had a computer logging system but my Dad won't allow me to
put the computer in my room for contests so I am still paper logged. I
don't usually operate CW contest seriously because I like SSB better but
I love contesting. I worked V73RS who was calling CQ at 19:00 today but I
don't think he is worth any points. I am looking forward to the next
test.

                                                   73
                                                  KT4LD-ANDREW LEWIS

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com