K0HB SS CW Score

Hans Brakob 0006364621 at mcimail.com
Mon Nov 4 15:23:00 EST 1996

Call:     K0HB
Class:    Single Op, High Power
Section:  MN

Q's:      943
Mults:    76
Score:    143,336

Equipment:  IC761, R4C, NCL-2000, TH7, GAP,
            buncha wire.  Powered by CT.

STRANGE weekend!

Usually SS is a 5-band contest from Minnesota, and
won or lost on 40 meters. This year it was basically
a 2-band test.  10/15 of course were dead, but 40
was a loss too.  On Saturday evening the props were
so long on 40 that I spent most of my time blowing
off Russians and Ukrainians who wanted Q's in THEIR
contest!  Went to 80 meters real early!  (40 was
better Sunday PM.)

This year I made a resolution that I would spend
no time chasing multipliers.  Results - missed only
SD and WY and had at least two stations in the log
from every remaining mult except 1 each from
KH6 and KP2. I got no multipliers via S&P - they
all came to me.

Is there an award for Most-CW-per-Square-Mile?  In
our small town there were 4 stations (W0HW, K0AD, N0AT,
and K0HB) with 900-Plus QSO weekends.  (And next
time Olde Pharte complains that contesting is a young
persons game, check out W0HW. Charlie will be 75 on
his next birthday.)

Even though I knew the call was reassigned, it was
almost like an electric shock from the headphones
when W4KFC called me.

Thanks for all the Q's es CU in two weeks.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com