K4MA Single Band 80M - High Power

Jim Stevens ki4hn at nando.net
Sun Nov 24 19:14:24 EST 1996

K4MA Single Band 80M - High Power
Operated at AA4NC

185 QSOs
71  Countries
16  Zones

Total = 39961

Inverted Vee apex at 115 feet broadside to Europe.
FT-990 & AL-1200

Overall conditions were not great.  No real EU runs
either night.  Did have VK1FF answer my CQ on
Saturday morning.  Missed JA1YDU on Saturday morning.
He was solid copy from 1200Z-1230Z, but I could
never get his attention.  Where were: PY, LU, YV, and
KP2.  Never heard the 5V guys.  Did anyone in the US
work them on 80M?  No hope for A71CW on Saturday
night.  Too big of an European wall.

Missed the last few hours of the test because I was
dead tired after spending 4 hours on the tower
with AA4NC.  We got the new mast up and the 402CD
back up.  Still got a 6M beam and the 204BA to
go up later.  Soon AA4NC will be back to fully
operational status after H. Fran.

73, Jim Stevens, K4MA (ex KI4HN)
email -- ki4hn at nando.net
WWW   -- http://www.webbuild.com/~ki4hn  -> vanity call info