WB0O CQWW CW

Bill Straw 0007359114 at mcimail.com
Sun Nov 24 21:16:00 EST 1996

WB0O  CQWWCW  SO, HP, AB, Unassisted

BAND    Q   Z   C   ANT
-----------------------
160    18   9  14   Sloper
 80   103  24  53   Elevated 4-Square
 40   186  33  85   Elevated 4-Square
 20   534  32  95   TH7 @ 50', Force 12 Dxer @ 50'
 15   120  24  61
 10    30   6  18   QTH is on top of a 400' high hill
-----------------
      991 128 326 = 1,233,064

COMMENTS:

  Last year's low band conditions were the best I have
ever seen. This contest was more like the norm, with
the usual watery signals on all EU signals. It was a
real dose of reality !

  I have my two radio setup leftover from SS, and had
the second radio/linear ready on 160 by night and 10 by
night.

  At the start of the test 20M was just about closed,
40M was getting long and watery, and GKE on 3542.7 was
only S-3 with the antenna pointed at it!! As I understand
it, GKE is 100W to a single vertical. A perfect reference
point to the chance of an EU opening. An S-3 signal is
not a good sign!

160M: Activity seemed down. Of course no EU. The 5W0 and
----  C21 were nice catches.

80M : Last year I had 247/Q, 25/Z, and 68/C here. This
---   year there was only one EU opening, for 1/2 hour at
      their sunrise on Sunday. The 4-square does a great
      job, 9M6/5W0/C21/VK6's/UA0's were all easy catches.

40M : Seemed long and watery/fluttery the whole test. I
---   hung around long enough to get the mults. ZS8IR by
      long path for #280 worked on 40M.

20M : Good band. I had some good runs, I need a stack.
---

15M : A few southern EU on Saturday ( CT,EA,F,I for an hour)
---   NO EU on Sunday.

10M : Carib/SA stations in and out. If you added the S-meter

      readings together for all 30 Q's, it would be (9 !!

BRING BACK THE SPOTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

73 BILL WB0O in North Dakota  (current temp is -11F)

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com