K4AAA SOAB HP CQWW CW

Bill Fisher, KM9P & K4AAA km9p at contesting.com
Mon Nov 25 20:23:30 EST 1996

     160       39      100       13       29
      80      277      792       21       67
      40      631     1831       31       81
      20     1024     2998       33      110
      15      785     2289       27      100
      10       33       83       14       26
     TOTAL   2789     8093      139      413         SCORE: 4,467,336

42 hours of very intense 2 radio operating.  I can't remember very many
times that I was not CQing somewhere.  Very fatiguing.

Didn't get my usual Friday afternoon nap.  We caught our buyer at work
getting kick backs from our venders when one of them mistakenly sent a $6600
check to our office with his name and home address on the check.  Can't
trust anyone.  I fell asleep for 6 hours Saturday night starting before
European surise.  OUCH.

Everything else was great.  Overall I'm very optimistic about the future.  I
was reasonably close on both modes and at the top of the cycle we aren't
nearly as disadvantaged.

160M:  Didn't spend much time here.  Hard to do the 2nd radio thing on this
band.  Figured I'de save it for Saturday night.  See 1st paragraph.  :(

80M:  4-square again kicks butt.  Way better numbers than I've ever done
from Georgia and I didn't operate much the 2nd night.  Mostly used the
4-square to listen.

40M:  I'm calling N2NC on the phone this week to get info on the phased
beverages.  The 2/2 work fine, they just have no pattern and I can hear
everything around me from every direction.  Finally Sunday night I get the
great idea to try the beverage...  Then I can hear.  Very bad multiplier on
this band.  Again, hard to S&P this band on the 2nd radio with so much crap
on the band.

20M:  48' boom yagi again proves huge dividends.  Much less QRM when on this
antenna as opposed to the 204BA stack.  Great JA run on Saturday night.
Best I can remember.  I thought it was the new antenna until Paul (N4PN)
called me today and also commented about the great JA's on Saturday night.
Paul is using a TH7 on an Island off the coast of Georgia.  I didnt work any
of the Asian mults and I never do.  I just dont get this band I guess.

15M:  Plans to take down the 6/6 stack have been put on the back burner.  I
felt pretty loud this contest.  JA's worked Saturday afternoon.  No runs to
JA.  Sunday was better than Saturday I felt.  It opened early and I got a
better frequency.

10M:  IQ4A calling CQ MULT so I called him figuring I must be the first W to
work him (hee hee).  He works me with his own callsign.  Nice guy.  Worked a
few Africans, SA, A3, ZL, KH6.  No zone 3 or 4.

Many thanks to Dave Pruett (K8CC) for letting me beta test this new two
radio control board.  Very cool stuff.  Worked great on phone and CW.
Absolutely no problems during either mode.

The K4AAA callsign was great.  Had several people comment that they liked
it.  I will be using it from now on for all CW contests from my station.
I'll use KM9P or whatever call I get in the draft on SSB.

73

Bill

Bill Fisher, KM9P & K4AAA
http://www.contesting.com