NY3Y m/s PA QSO Party

Robert Penneys radio at UDel.Edu
Sun Oct 13 22:08:50 EDT 1996

Got together with one of my all-time favorite guys, the legendarily
unavailable world leader NY3Y to m/s in PA QSO party. We were gonna
m/m; I purloined a 765. NA would not network at the last minute, the
Yaesu which needs a three conductor plug for the CW key shorted out
when fed by the same three cond. interface and Y-connector that works
at my place, etc. So I had to try to run CW without a paddle in parallel.
Hated it.

Put the ICOM on the next morning, which has separate key and keyer jacks,
and RF fed back and locked up the keying. It was an opportunity to learn to
send fills with alt-K, but what a rotten experience.  How do you do it right?
How do you bring up NA on a network, having set up the parameters, creating
a similar file in each computer, starting each one separately, what am I
missing that is not in the manual?

Anyway, we had a great time. Our dreams of smoking everybody dissipated but
I can't wait to do it again. With a new radio which has been debugged on
site. Before the contest, maybe.

200 pointer bonus station W3OK was worked only twice and duped us. Lots of
the larger efforts or club stations were apparently run by non-contesters.
Kinda like Field Day. Had that innocent quality.

First time I went to PA for this---we will have our own Delaware QP in
February and it'll be great.

Anyway, NY3Y m/s with WN3K, NY3Y and KJ8F - abt 900 x 138, abt 165 K,
maybe, after we run NA and change the scoring.

No bottles of wine with this one -- maybe a dance with the groundhog.

Tnx all.

Bob WN3K    Frankford Radio Club    GO FRC!!!!

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com