AA3JU SOA CQWW phone 96

George C. Cook george at epix.net
Mon Oct 28 10:27:49 EST 1996

                   CQ WORLD WIDE DX CONTEST  1996

      Call: AA3JU                    Country:  United States
      Mode: SSB                      Category: SOA

      160       16       29     1.81      4      10
       80       98      235     2.40     16      53
       40       90      242     2.69     18      59
       20      333      870     2.61     29     105
       15      444     1253     2.82     25     105
       10      127      350     2.76     13      38

     Totals   1108     2979     2.69    105     370  =>  1,415,025

Equipment:
Kenwood TS930s, Henery 2K-X (the howitzer), Homebrew Pentium 120 (Wheezer),
Logging CT 8.56, Audio by heil, Kim Chee by Hong Kim Suk trading Co.

160 Inverted L
80 twin 2 el Wire Yaggis
40 Vertical Loop, Dipole
20, 15, 10  2 el quad @50ft, Mosley classic 33 @20ft

Club Affiliation: Frankford Radio Club

Sudz and Soap:
COOL!  Dammit making a million points in a contest for the first time is
cool WAY COOL!  20 meters is a disaster area anymore in a contest so
noisy that its almost unusable but sticking it out is worth it.  15 was
the meat this go round excelent rates of over 100/hr and many times saw my
last 10 up to 200/hr.  I can't believe that 10 opened into Europe!  That was
great really helped the score.  Of course it scared me at first not used to
having noises that sound like talking come out of my radio when I put it
in the 28 position I always thought that was where you put the dial when
you needed a little rest!  40 rough as usual from stateside.  I think
it is getting more crowded though.  Also hey Europe don't you really think
working down to 7.010 is pushing the envelope just a little?  Lets try
to leave the CW guys a few inches ey?  80 was as 80 is my home band I love
it there.  Had my usual good run of VEs for the last 20 minutes they always
come through and gotta love em for it.  Lots of choice goodies on 160 this
year but I do need to get an amp for it 100 watts does not cut it!

Remarkably few lids and jammers this time around.  The few that I did
encouter I dispatched with my usual aplomb and good taste.

Lastly many thanks to the guys of FRC that gave me so much encouragement
and support and butt kicks over the last few years.  I say this because
I came into this hobby 3.5 years ago as a No Code Tech and it was these guys
that gave me a goal to shoot for.

my transmitter within the limitations of my license unless I get yet
another OO notice for being out of band.  And that if there were
any rules in this contest I was unaware of them.

George
*George Cook.....AA3JU.....AKA "The Ratman" *
*george at epix.net.....AA3JU@W3PYF            *
*http://www.epix.net/~george                *
*Proudly Frankford Radio Club.........      *
*.......Proficiency Through Competiton.     *
*"Not just words but a way of life"         *

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com