WZ4F SOAB Unassisted CQWW Score

Larry A. Crim wz4f at nerak.companet.net
Mon Oct 28 18:38:58 EST 1996

              WZ4F 1996 CQWW SSB

     BAND     QSO     ZONES     COUNTRIES

     160       30      10          20
      80       80      14          44
      40      153      22          68
      20      725      33          99
      15      563      27         104
      10       74      12          30
    Totals   1625     118         365  => 2,056,131

Rigs:
FT-1000MP, Ameritron AL-1500
FT-901, SB-220

Ants:
160: Delta Loop & Beverages
80:  2 element Delta Loop & Beverages
40:  402CD at 110'
20:  5/5 at 100'/50'
15:  4/4 at 70'/35'
10:  (2) TH-6 at 80'/40'

Dog:
Cocker Spaniel.  Was groomed on Thursday.  Actually smelled good.

Sign:
Libra.

Highlights:
Loved new FT-1000MP. Its QRM fighting techniques are GREAT! Especially on
20m when its so crowded.

Actually worked 2 Europeans on 10m on Sunday.

Lowlights:
Alabama loses to Tennessee.
Braves lose to Yankees.
WZ4F loses an hour during 15m run due to equipment failure.

Funny stuff:
As I'm listening to second radio, "RG8X" calls me on my run
frequency..and I give him 59 04.

A European asks me "What's your QTH." I respond Alabama.  He starts
laughing (hard) on the radio and mumbles something about Forrest Gump in
broken English.

Trey, HC8N, asks me if I'm in zone 4 or zone 5.

73,
Larry
WZ4f

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com