GW0GEI CQWW SSB SOAB LP UNASSISTED

Steve Jones steve at rjtrain.demon.co.uk
Tue Oct 29 13:07:45 EST 1996

Hi All,

Here are my score details:

CALL       HRS      SCORE       QSO'S       PTS      ZONES    COUNTRIES

GW0GEI     41HRS    343,360     661         1160      64       232

CATEGORY .........SINGLE OPERATOR ALL BANDS LOW POWER (100W) UNASSISTED

TEAM..............TEAM COMMONWEALTH

Station Details
TS850s 100w Heil HC5 Pro Set
10,15,20m.........2 ele Gem Quad @ 9m (not tuned very well yet!)
40/80m............Butternut HF2V with 7 1/4 radials 40m and 8 1/4 on 80m
80/160m...........80m Inverted V @ 7m !!!

I enjoyed my first CQWW SSB and managed to break my endurance record. I
operated 41 hrs (previous record was 36hrs in WAE SSB 96). Missed the
first few hours due to falling asleep after consuming too much Murphy's
beer at a works function on Friday night > bad timing! Fell asleep on
the second night for a few hours whilst waiting for the kettle to boil.
High winds all weekend kept the 35ft mast down at 20ft! The 10m driven
element of the Gem Quad kindly waited until Monday morning after the
contest to snap!

My first season at multi band contesting, and boy is the learning curve
steep! Looking forward to the next one.
73 de Steve GW0GEI
--
Steve Jones