[3830] K4AB WPX S/O All Band HiPwr Unassisted

Larry A. Crim k4ab@nerak.companet.net
Tue Apr 1 00:29:09 EST 1997

K4AB 1997 CQ WPX SSB Single-Op, All-Band, Unassisted, HiPwr

BAND      QSO  QSO PTS   PTS/Q  PREFIXES

160         1       0    0.0         1
 80       179     250    1.4        67
 40       199     542    2.7        64
 20      1465    2018    1.4       508
 15        74     193    2.6        19
 10        42     125    3.0        20
Totals   1960    3128    1.6       679   = 2,123,912

This contest eerily reminded me of the ARRL SSB contest.  We were under
thunderstorm and/or tornado watches all weekend.  Plus, low flux, and
high A and K indices.  The storms made the low bands hell, and
propagation made the high bands hell.  Not a single European on 15. Not
even an EA8.

At 30 hours, even this contest would have been fun.  At 36 hours, it was
hell.

-Larry, K4AB (x-WZ4F)