[3830] OH0AM (OH1EH opr) WPX SSB S/A SCORE

Ari Korhonen ari.korhonen at pp.kolumbus.fi
Fri Apr 4 17:14:23 EST 1997

Call: OH0AM (OH1EH)             Country: Aland Isl.
Mode: SSB                       Category: Single op/unassisted HP

BAND    QSO      QSO PTS     PTS/QSO         PREFIXES

160     102      218         2.1              23
 80     394      836         2.1              183
 40     253      586         2.3              66
 20     1253     2305        1.9              364
 15     527      555         1.1              40
 10     60       60          1.0              4
Totals  2571     4560        1.8              680    = 3,100,800

Equipment: FT1000MP + AL1200
Club Affiliation: CONTEST CLUB FINLAND

Comments:

I started driving towards OH0 on Friday morning and immediately knew that
something baaad is waiting for me there. How come, you ask?? Well, I
switched on the car stereo and the first song I heard was Chris Rea singing
"...this is the road to hell!" Later I found that the song was right on the
money. The bad snowstorms had really taken their toll on the antennas at
OH0. 40m 3el yagi was actually missing half of the reflector and the other
half still up was hanging between the guy wires making it impossible to turn
the tower.  Too bad the 20m stack was on the same tower. Thank goodness I
was able to rotate the tower just a little, from EU to USA, but there was no
way to turn the antennas to JA, OUCH!
One of the 80m slopers was down and the second tower (15/10) had lost the
rotator. Not a pretty sight!
Well, one of my favourite songs says "I´m gonna go down fighting!" and that
became my motto for the weekend.

Condx were just plain bad from here also. No USA on 80/40 and 20m was very
marginal also. 15m opened to Eu on Sunday, so at least I had one decent
pileup. Sorry guys, KC1XX was again the loudest one on 20m...
QSL via OH2BAD

See you on CW. 73 Ari, OH1EH

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com