[3830] WB4HFL WPX Score, SOLP 10M

henrypol2 at juno.com henrypol2 at juno.com
Tue Apr 8 03:04:18 EDT 1997

WB4HFL 97 CQ WPX Phone, Single Op, Low Power, Single Band - 10 Meters

Hours - 10
Score - 4386
QSOs - 50
Points - 129
Prefixes - 34

Club Affiliation - PVRC

Soapbox:

Spent most of Friday checking antennas, outside tuners, feedlines, and
coax under yellow skies.  Yes, yellow skies, due to tree pollen release
in conjunction with typical March winds and a lack of recent rain.

With 10 meter propagation still poor at best, my simple goal for this
year was to just beat last year's score of 6580 (65 QSOs/35 prefixes).
Things were looking good up to early Saturday evening; had 50 QSOs and
34 prefixes.  And only 7 of those were zero-point QSOs.

Then the curse of those yellow skies hit!  My nose and eyes started
burning.  By early Sunday morning I couldn't breathe through my nose and
my head felt like it was going to explode.  As a result, I spent all of
Sunday lying in bed, flat on my back.  Thus ended my efforts to beat
last year's score.

Well, there is always next year!

73,
Henry Pollock - WB4HFL