[3830] K1KY August 97 NAQP

Thomas M. Delker k1ky at bellsouth.net
Sun Aug 3 20:52:11 EDT 1997

Updated with antenna information for the curious.

                              NA QSO SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 02-Aug-97, 03-Aug-97

    Callsign Used : K1KY
        Operators : THOMAS M. DELKER - K1KY

         Category : Single Operator CW - Power 100W Icom IC-706
					 Indoor antennas.
 Default Exchange : TOM TN

             Name : Thomas M. Delker
          Address : 113 Richland Ave.
   City/State/Zip : Smyrna, TN 37167
          Country : United States

        Team/Club : Tennessee Contest Group - Team #2

   80CW       73          73         73      27   Indoor DCTL Loop (30 feet diameter)
   40CW      120         120        120      40   Attic Inverted U up 18 feet
   20CW      102          99         99      33   Attic Inverted V attached to above
   15CW       43          43         43      24   Above combo matched with tuner
   10CW       52          52         52      14   1/2 wave dipole in radio room on top
 __________________________________________________  of my bookshelf (up 15 feet)

 Totals      390         387        387     138

    Final Score = 53406 points.

Logging with TRlog 6.05, Fujitsu Lifebook laptop with parallel cw sending interface.

 Soapbox Comments

 My 2nd NAQP - Just as fun as the first. Indoor antennas performed pretty well
 with exception to 80 meters (poor output efficiency) and 160 Meters - (non-
 existent output efficiency).  Will give it a try one more time with new
 and improve low-end antennas!! Thanks to those who dug me out of the sand on 80!
 My Omni 6 is at the factory being upgraded to 6+, interesting experience with a
 "little" radio!.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com