[3830] N5TJ NAQP CW

Jeff Steinman n5tj at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 4 08:05:26 EDT 1997

845 x 267 = 225K

After being humbled by W4AN (er, N4VJ, er KM9P) in January I was looking
forward to a re-match this month. He wimped out, however, opting to move
instead.

Conditions were good overall with nice openings on 10 and 15. 20 and 40
sounded strange at times, hard to get a response to CQs. Thats when
Radio#2 comes in handy. According to TRLOG I made 200+ QSOs on the
second radio. And a little over 40 of those were multiplier moves.
Thanks, folks.

Equipment
Station 1 FT1000MP
Station 2 IC765
B/P Filters Both stations (lost 15M on a Dunestar unit @ 100W)
Antennas (Single crankup tower)
F12 4BA (10/15)
F12 402/204 combo
HF6V

Each antenna on a separate feedline, selectable by either station.
Definately a big advantage over my cross town competitor, NM5M, who only
can use a vertical on Station 2.

73
Jeff  N5TJ