[3830] ARRL 160 - K7BV

K7bv K7bv at aol.com
Sun Dec 7 09:45:09 EST 1997

ARRL 160 CW - K7BV High Power (whenever amp would play)
Station Owner K5RC/7
Op Dennis Motschenbacher

QSOs       707
Countries     5
ARRL Mult  75

SCORE:  115,280
Rig: FT1000MP, MLA2500 (whats left of it after CY9AA) 600W, Balloon lifted
Vertical, 800' east Bev, East/West Dipoles @ 60'
Great fun even with Murph in the amp and snow storm leaving me in the ditch
once trying to get back up to 'RC's place at 6,200' Saturday afternoon.  The 6
foot diameter balloon did a great job.  Sigs were awesome on the vertical
compared to the dipoles. The neighbor "committee" (those folks with no real
life) made us pull the vertical down in the day light.  Guess it was scaring
the wild horses that wander through Tom's 10 acres. Now if we could just get
these "committee" folks a job or something so they dont have to stare out the
window all day looking for a reason for existing...

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com