[3830] N0AX 160m/QRP

Ward Silver hwardsil at WOLFENET.com
Sun Dec 7 17:29:01 EST 1997

N0AX   85 QSOs   173 QSO Points  39 Mults  6747 Points  Single-op, QRP

FT-990 to Inverted-L (50' up, 80' over), 4 elev. 128' radials

---

I wonder why I bother to do QRP on 160...especially when calling a nice
loud station for the 10th time without even so much as a "?"  But there
are some excellent receiving setups out there, probably the 25-watt,
glucose-powered DSP units between the ears.  I was able to bring the total
states on 160 to 40, with one less in New England (thanks, KC1XX!) to go.
It would sure be nice to have a 6-band QRP WAS, although I said it would
be crazy not so very long ago!

Only had to belt the local troublesome power pole with the "precision
sledge" once this year!  The band was absolutely packed solid with great
signals, too...glad to see 160 getting the attention it does.  Gee, maybe
Cycle 23 could hold off one more year? (Forget I said that...)

Only states not heard; KS, AR, VT, FL.  Very good sigs from K1ZM and W1SG,
but unable to get their attention down low in the band.  Several too-easy
East Coast QSOs to PA, SC, etc.  Fabulous!  I'm hoping that Santa will
bring us some good conditions for the Stew Perry to go along with those
new fuzzy slippers to keep the feets warm in the shack!

Thanks for pulling me through, folks!

73, Ward N0AX

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com