[3830] W3GH & W9XR 160 meter scores

Spike Lazar slazar19 at sgi.net
Mon Dec 8 00:02:33 EST 1997

     ARRL 160 Meter Contest Results

     W3GH  (Multi-op, W3GH & W9XR op's)
     789 Q's & 85 Mults for 137,190 points (Friday Night)

     W9XR  (Multi-op, W9XR & W3GH op's)
     952 Q's & 92 Mults for 180,946 points (Saturday Night)

Needless to say we were busy giving out 1741 Q's with no overlapping
of operating time. When the first station closed the second opened
for the duration of the contest. This was a one radio effort operated
in shifts. Our experiment shows that this contest is just too long
and one 24 hour period would be sufficent.

Highlight of the contest was working all 50 states in a
5 hour & 21 minute stretch.

Station: FT-1000D AL-1500, 80' linear loaded vertical and a high
inverted vee, all beverages were liquid and consumed during the
contest indoors.

Spike W9XR

Visit The First Ham Radio Adult Website
http://www.qth.com/stamper/w3gh