[3830] VE2ZP ARRL 160 SO-Low Power

ve2zp at bbs.ve3jf.ampr.org ve2zp at bbs.ve3jf.ampr.org
Mon Dec 8 03:32:04 EST 1997

G'day all:

VE2ZP Single Operator, Low Power

My Section: Quebec (QC)

QSOs     Countries    Sections     Score
557          15          69        98,364

Rig: TS-850SAT - 100w out

Antenna: shunt-fed 84ft tower with a KT-34xa as top hat - no radials yet.

According to CT, I spent 10.8 hours in this part-time effort, and it was
all a great deal of fun.  I came two states short of an in-contest 160m
WAS (Nebraska and Idaho - I heard them both S&Ping), and worked my first
KL7 (Thanks for your patience KL7Y) as well a numerous KH6es and Europeans.

Among the sections I missed - NL, NWT/YU, PR, NE, ID and four in California.

Yes, QC is the most correct abbreviation for Quebec, no matter what your
logging program thinks.  Modify your AR160.DAT files.

I was very pleased to cut through many pileups with low power and a
probably quite lossy antenna.  Now, to get some radials down, fix my
amplifier, and find more time to operate.

73, Dave VE2ZP
ve2zp at bbs.ve3jf.ampr.org

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com